My website

My website
www.GailGrenierSweet.com

Friday, July 20, 2012

How to tell if you’re a nature nut

In 2009, my husband and I were fortunate to purchase a seasonal house trailer on Little Green Lake in Markesan, Wisconsin. We try to spend every weekend there during the warm months. The trip between the trailer and our home in Menomonee Falls takes an hour and a half.

The high point of every commute is driving on a highway right through the mighty Horicon marsh. While traveling through the marsh, we watch for egrets, herons and geese. The occasional white pelican is a treat.

I’m sure glad I had my eyes open last Sunday. Five sandhill cranes were walking leisurely along the shoulder of the road. La la la, so casual. Long spindly legs like an anorexic basketball player’s. Elegant necks, nosy beaks.

My eyes immediately started to burn from unexpected tears. Too much beauty to bear.


No comments:

Post a Comment