My website

My website
www.GailGrenierSweet.com

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eight reasons book clubs are fun


I just got home from my second book club appearance as an author.

From these two book club visits, I have learned these things about book clubs:

1. Book clubs are fun. Members laugh a lot.

2. Books clubs are great excuses for women (and some men, I suppose) to drink wine and talk.

3. Book club members grow to really care about each other.

4. Book club members do things together. At the first book club where I was a guest, members had spent a weekend in the woods of "Up North" Wisconsin, role-playing The Hunger Games characters. They also traveled to Savannah after reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Tonight's book club members are going to see "Wicked" in a couple of weeks, and talked about going to Florida to visit a former club member who moved there.

5. You do not have to eat before you go to a book club. Members chow down well.

6. They love books. And movies.

7. They care about issues of the heart in books and movies.

8. They like drawings for free books (a nefarious book-selling ploy on my part).

I have another book club visit scheduled for April, and one for May. It will be fun to add more book club "wrinkles" to this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment