My website

My website
www.GailGrenierSweet.com

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thinking about Amy Winehouse makes me sad

             The medical people determined finally that Amy Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning, or as the article in the paper said, "She drank herself to death."

Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse
              Right after I read that, I heard an interview on NPR with Tony Bennett. He is grieving her loss. They sang together for his recent duet record. He said he's been waiting since The Beatles' invasion for someone to carry on the legacy of Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, and the other phenomenonal American women singers. Amy was the one, he said. She had it.

               He's in his 80s. She was 27. I could hear the pain in his voice.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The death of Amy Winehouse is such a loss for the world. She was a beautiful, talented young woman and now her voice is silenced forever.

    I feel for her family, and especially her heartbroken parents. If only she had been ready to accept the help she needed, this tragedy could have been avoided.

    ReplyDelete