My website

My website
www.GailGrenierSweet.com

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reviews of "Dog Woman" and "Don't Worry Baby" from REAL people

 
I've been trying to get reviewers to look at my two recently-published novels, Dog Woman and Don't Worry Baby. This is a hard sell because reviewers tend to shy away from self-published books, even though well-respected authors have self-published (including Mark Twain, Beatrix Potter, Carl Sandberg, Virginia Wolff, and Edgar Allen Poe).

I recently had some reviews from real people that made my millenium....

For Dog Woman (a book for adults and proficient young readers):
"It was the second best book I ever read. It was sad, but good."       
- Sam, age 9 (I never found out what his first-favorite book was.)


"I'm legally blind so I get books on tape through a volunteer group that reads and records books for visually impaired people. I was listening to my recording of Dog Woman and at one point, the reader could hardly get through the words because she  was bawling so hard." 
- Kris, an adult reader of a certain age

"It's the best book I've ever read. I'm not done yet. I'm to the part where they knock down the dog woman's house."                              - Anna, age 10


For Don't Worry Baby (a book for adults) -

"I finished reading Don't Worry Baby yesterday. I never knew that your writing was so entertaining. I really enjoyed it, kinda like reading an Evanovich book, no really!!! Hope there's a sequel or two. I was pulled in from the start. Way to go!              - Danette, a reader from Illinois


"I keep reading parts to my daughter so she sees how we used to talk. Who's that on the cover? Pretty cool picture, man."                         
- Mary, a reader from Wisconsin

Here's to more reviews, from ordinary readers and professional reviewers alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment