Priceless ideas for summer fun...written by my friend Mary Kult and published in my church newsletter, Good Shepherd's "Breaking Bread":
How will you celebrate the bonus daylight? Consider the following for yourself, children and grandchildren:
1. Check out three new summer words: crepuscular, cartographer, and echolocation.
2. Look for a crepuscular mammal.
3. Catch a firefly; check out where the glow comes from; look for signs of them communicating.
4. Visit a state park and participate in one of their summer programs.
5. Learn and participate in letterboxing.
6. Visit a farmers' market and try to make a summer meal for $20.
7. Collect, paint and write on a rock; look under the rock for surprise critters.
8. Visit a honeybee farm.
9. Make watermelon salsa.
10. Navigate with a map.
11. Go butterfly-watching.
12. Have a water balloon fight.
13. Pick summer berries.
14. Participate in a watermelon seed spitting contest.
15. Make sun tea.
16. Make ice cream.
[PS The image above is a photo of my "adopted" grandbabies Bella and Alaina playing in the sand at Little Green Lake in 2011.]